Tuesday, June 22, 2010

My Love..

I had an ultrasound a few weeks ago for the triple screen (or whatever they call it now). We didn't do the screening with Chase because if the baby did have Down Syndrome or any other birth defect, it would not have changed our minds about wanting him. This time, we decided to have the screening just for the 12 week ultrasound! With Chase, I had ultrasounds every week for 8 weeks so I got to see plenty of him. This time, I would have only gotten one at 20 weeks and I couldn't wait that long to see my new Love. Everything looks great! I was 12 weeks to the day when we had the ultrasound and the baby measured exactly 12 weeks! We will have another ultrasound at 20 weeks where we will find out the sex. We didn't find out the sex with Chase, but want to this time. I think it will make it easier for Chase to know if he's having a brother or sister before the baby gets here. Also, if it's a girl, we can get rid of the bags and bags of boy clothes we have.
I have found myself getting more and more excited to have another baby. Not that I wasn't excited to begin with, but there was also shock, nausea...did I mention shock? Financial concern, childcare worries, exhaustion. I still have alot of these "issues" but I'm getting over them. A new baby is too great of a blessing to worry about all the small (or big) "issues" that I have. Everything will work out. I have faith and trust that God has a plan for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment