Thursday, October 15, 2009

Fashion Crisis???






I love these three outfits from JCrew! LOVE them! I have a feeling I could make the third shirt for a fraction of the price. Lately, I've been having a bit of a fashion crisis. I LIVE for cloths, shoes, accesories, ect. I read fashion magazines like books. I can't tell you the last book I read, but I can tell you that this months Marie Claire has an great article about what people carry in their bags. My point is, that as much as I love fashion, I don't feel fashionable. I feel blah. I feel like I dress like a boy.
Check out the outfit below. This is what I wore to work yesterday... A grey t (wear it atleast 1 time a week to work and twice on the weekends), a cardigan (wear them all the time), wide leg khakis (are they still fashionable??) and my black uggs. I felt like a boy in this outfit, yet I wear similar cloths all the time. I LOVE my uggs and can not give them up, but maybe it's best to save them for the weekends and casual Friday at work. How about the t? I guess I could dress it up with jewelry and wear it with a cute skirt and tights to work and at home with jeans and uggs (again, not giving up the uggs). I love the whole "California" girl style. Not surfer, but casual/nice/"I don't give a hoot what other people think of me" style. The final pic is from one my new favorite blogs - Ascot Friday. I LOVE her sun glasses! Can you get Ray Bans as an Rx? I hope so! I've wanted them for a while, just never had the ends (money) to buy them. Anyway, her style is very "California". Another blog, Everything I Love, is one of my favorites for fashion and decor inspiration.
My solution is to start purging and shopping. I can't shop too much, but I do love a good trip to the thrift store (without a 2 year old)! I need to add some basic, classic pieces to my wardrobe that will never go out of style. Kinda like a uniform that I add other, more trendy pieces to. I need to get out of this rut ASAP! I don't want to become one of those mothers at daycare who pick their kids up in a 1998 swishy tract suit with matching leather, white keds. It's just not me, but I feel myself falling into the "mom" rut. Wish me luck! I will let you know how I make out with my mission.








No comments:

Post a Comment