Thursday, October 22, 2009

What's On Your Counters?


This is our tiny kitchen. Tiny is a relevant term - I know it could be much smaller, but I also know it could be much bigger.
When we moved into our house 6 years ago, our kitchen was the WORST!! The cabinets were 80's wood, the counters were hunter green and really shinny, the floors were dirty linoleum and the appliances were mismatched.
A year after we moved in Rob took a week off work and totally renovated the kitchen. We could not afford new cabinets so he painted them white. The new appliances were a gift from my mother (along with my Dyson vacuum!!!). The counter tops are standard Home Depot stock. The floors are ceramic tile. By no means is this my dream kitchen, but it was an affordable renovation that makes the room tolerable until 1) we can afford a true renovation or 2) we move. So, Saturday I was cleaning and decided to take a picture of my counter tops. They are RARELY this clutter free. If I had it my way, there would be nothing on the counter tops, but it's just not reality for us.
What do you have on your counter tops? Are they totally clutter free?






Is a coffee maker a MUST?

Does your tea kettle sit out on your stove all the time?
How about pictures on your refrigerator? Love 'em or hate 'em?
Does your kitchen reflect your person style?

No comments:

Post a Comment